Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Promises, Promises!

So, I promised that I would attempt to post more frequently, and before you know it another year had flown by before I got another post in. Sorry about that, folks.

Gosh! How do I summarize a full year in a few sentences?

First of all - I have to acknowledge the agencies that attended our Manitoba training last September - here's hoping I don't miss anyone:
  • YWCA Brandon
  • Nova House, Selkirk
  • Thompson Crisis Centre
  • Parkland Crisis Centre, Dauphin
  • Aurora House, The Pas
  • Genesis House, Winkler
  • Agape House, Steinbach
  • Portage Family Abuse Prevention Center
  • Ikwe Widdjiitiwin, Winnipeg 
  • Willow Place, Winnipeg
What an amazing group of women, and I am so grateful to Kari Prawdzik for having me out to do these three days of training with you all.

We also had a BootCamp in the spring of 2016 and welcome Rayhan Hossain, Melissa Van der Maden, and Patricia Thompson to our ever growing family.

 This year has seen a boom of exponential growth to my private practice, which has again resulted in less time for blog writing and sending out newsletters - I promise to do better in 2017. I promise.

There are some new things in the works for 2017, one of which is digital reproduction licensing for our workbooks - so you can have a digital license for one year to print workbooks rather than placing orders for hard copies. Once we have at least 10 interested parties, we can move ahead, but until then, we are doing this on a case by case basis. If you are interested in holding a digital rights license, please contact us at info@angersolution.com.

Lastly, for the last few years, I have been involved in a research project using an assessment tool called the Structure of Temperament Questionnaire, which culminated in the awesome opportunity to travel to Paris, France in 2014 to present at the International Association of Applied Psychology Conference, and then our research paper (co-authored with Dr. Irina Trofimova, lead researcher) was published in the April 2016 edition of Psychological Reports. The more I use the STQ, the more I see its value as an added tool for measuring success and gaining valuable information about the temperament of our clients in Anger Solutions. If you'd like to know more about the STQ and how it could be an asset to your practice or to your agency, please contact me at info@angersolution.com.

That's it for now! Thanks for your patience with me! You'll hear back from me soon. Sooner than 12 months from now. That's a promise. :)
Julie

No comments: