Friday, January 28, 2011

Anger Solutions Practitioner's Code of Ethics

Code of Ethics - Certified Anger Solutions(TM) Providers (Trainers, Facilitators, and Coaches)
Updated January 2011

The CAASP Standards of Ethical Conduct
Professional Conduct At Large
1) I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects well on Anger Solutions™ Group Facilitation or Coaching as a profession and I will refrain from doing anything that harms the public's understanding or acceptance of the Anger Solutions™ model of Group Facilitation or Coaching as a profession.
2) I will honor agreements I make in my all of my relationships. I will construct clear agreements with my clients that include informed consent, confidentiality, progress reports, termination of service, and other particulars.
3) I will respect and honor the efforts and contributions of others.
4) I will respect the creative and written work of others in developing my own materials and not misrepresent them as my own.
5) I will not discriminate against any potential client based on race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or creed. I will treat all individuals as they wish to be treated, with dignity and respect.
6) I will use Canadian Association of Anger Solutions™ Professionals member status, contact information (email addresses, telephone numbers, etc. as listed in the directory) only in the manner and to the extent authorized by the Canadian Association of Anger Solutions™ Professionals.

Professional Conduct with Clients
7) I will accurately identify my level of counseling, facilitation and/or coaching competence and I will not overstate my qualifications, expertise or experience as an Anger Solutions™ Facilitator, Certified Trainer, or Coach. I will not provide Anger Solutions™ training to other service providers without having first obtained the appropriate qualifications (Certified Trainer) to do so.
8) I will ensure that my client understands the nature of counseling and/or coaching and the terms of the agreement we set between us.
9) I will not intentionally mislead or make false claims about what my client will receive from the counseling, facilitation, or coaching process or from me as their counselor, group facilitator, or coach.
10) I will not give my clients or any prospective clients information or advice I know to be misleading or beyond my competence.
11) I will be alert to noticing when my client is no longer benefiting from our relationship and would be better served by another professional, coach, or another resource and, at that time, I will encourage my client to make that change.

Confidentiality/Privacy
12) I will respect the confidentiality of my client's information (including data gathered for research purposes), except as otherwise authorized by my client, or as required by law. I will clearly explain the limits of confidentiality to my client during the process of obtaining informed consent.
13) I will obtain written agreement with my clients before releasing their names as clients or references or any other client identifying information.

Conflicts of Interest, and Boundaries
14) I will seek to avoid conflicts between my interests and the interests of my clients.
15) Whenever any actual conflict of interest or the potential for a conflict of interest arises, I will openly disclose it and fully discuss with my client how to deal with it in whatever way best serves my client.
16) I will disclose to my client all anticipated compensation from third parties that I may receive for referrals or advice concerning that client.
17) I will avoid engaging in any dual relationships with clients where it is reasonable to believe that doing so could impair my professional judgment or increase risk of harm to my client. Where dual relationships are unavoidable, I will clarify our roles and take other appropriate measures to ensure that there is no conflict between roles.

The CAASP Pledge of Ethics
As an Anger Solutions™ Professional, I acknowledge and agree to honor my ethical obligations to my clients and colleagues and to the public at large. I pledge to comply with CAASP Code of Ethics, to treat people with dignity as independent and equal human beings, and to model these standards with the people with whom I work. If I breach this Pledge of Ethics or any part of the CAASP Code of Ethics, I agree that the CAASP in its sole discretion may hold me accountable for so doing. I further agree that my accountability to the CAASP for any breach may include loss of my CAASP membership or my CAASP credentials, and removal from the list of Authorized Anger Solutions™ Providers.

No comments: